Time Capsule Help

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by trebbag, Mar 22, 2009.

1. trebbag macrumors newbie

I have a strange situation with my Time Capsule. First of all, this all started with my Macbook and the fact that I live in a Dorm.

When I first got here, I could not get the dorm's wifi to work on Mac OS X, so I used bootcamp to get on the internet until I could get the tech people to help me. I have since learned that by doing this, I made the system register that my username goes with a PC.

Therefore, sometimes my internet will get stuck in the "Download the Security Agent" page that our dorm sends to those who don't have some security client. It then tells me to download it, giving me a .exe. In other words, it thinks I am a PC and need a client that Macs don't need.

Sorry, there is a point.

I have been having trouble setting up my Time Capsule for months now. Whenever I get an internet connection for the Time Capsule through an Ethernet cable connected to a Data Port in the wall, the network that the Time Capsule sets up sends me to the "Download Security Agent" page, which PCs could get rid of by download the patch, but I can't because I have a Mac. (They won't fix it either)

Long story short, is there anyway to have the Time Capsule not access the Internet and JUST serve as a wireless hard drive?

2. shneady macrumors member

Well, the TC needs to be hooked up to a network in order to be able to transfer files wirelessly to it. It backs up via wifi, so, I don't think it's possible. Sorry bro to be the bearer of bad news. Why not just try to hook up your TC again? You're using Airport Utility when setting it up right? It's really easy to do. I hope that helps

-S