Time Capsule Help

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Bontarest, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Bontarest macrumors newbie

I have a 1TB Time Capsule, I hooked up a 1TB HDD through Time Capsule so that the HDD is wireless.

Both of my Mac laptops work great with this setup, but how can I get my Windows machines to see the new wireless HDD and be able to use it?

*I searched around and couldn't find the answers that I'm looking for so sorry if I am posting this after this was answered already*

2. skorpien macrumors 68020

Do you have File Sharing enabled for the attached hard drive through AirPort Utility? Do you have the workgroup name entered and is your Windows machine a part of this workgroup? Do you have AirPort Base Station Agent installed on your Windows machine? Is the internal drive of the Time Capsule visible on your Windows machine? Is your Time Capsule's IP address added to the list of trusted networks/zones in Windows? And lastly, is the hard drive attached to the TC formatted HFS+?

3. Bontarest thread starter macrumors newbie

All the computers are on the same Workgroup, I do not have the Air Port software installed on the Windows at this time, the internal drive of Time Capsule is not visible on my Windows machines, the attached HDD is NTFS format

4. skorpien macrumors 68020

Install AirPort Utility for Windows from Apple's support site. This installs AirPort Base Station Agent onto your machine as well, which will detect and configure both the internal as well as the attached HDDs. They will be mapped as network drives on your Windows machine. If that still doesn't work, try formatting the attached HDD as HFS+. Don't worry about Windows not being able to recognize it since connectivity is handled by the Time Capsule itself (and if you plan on using the external as a Time Machine volume, it MUST be HFS+). Let me know how you fare.

5. gusious macrumors 65816

gusious

Sorry to hijack this thread but can a 2TB hard drive being connected via USB with time capsule? Or it won't be recognized?