Time Capsule in a Closet?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by beaner454, Apr 21, 2008.

1. beaner454 macrumors regular

Ok, I have an Airport Extreme-N base station connected to USB hard drive enclosure that holds 4-hard drives. However, my networking ports are inside of a closet, which is where I have to store the airport and hard drive. Because of the lack of airflow in the closet and the high cooling need for chilling 4 separate drives, the enclosure shuts down every once and a while.

The question is whether trading these guys in and getting a time capsule would solve my problem? Or will the Time Capsule suffer the same fate and overheat as well?

2. cricet1998 macrumors newbie

My TC runs hotter than any electronic device in my house. Dont know how it would do in a closet. Do you have any cooling devices in there at all?

3. PcBgone macrumors 6502

PcBgone

My TC is slightly warm to the touch. Nothing Im worried about. Not any warmer then my dsl modem...my wifes macbook power adapter heats up warmer then my TC. I think it would be fine in a closet by itself...

4. brokoli macrumors member

mine stays in the closet, It was noisy with the first firmware and I hate noise that's why i put it in there. No problems. Mine is a big closet tho..