Time Capsule & Internet Access

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by meetjoeback007, Feb 26, 2012.

1. meetjoeback007 macrumors newbie

I recently encountered a problem where I was unable to connect to my time capsule and I did a factory reset. After the reset I was unable to connect to the time capsule to configure it. Sometimes it would show up in airport utility and sometimes it wouldn't. I ended up connecting to it through an ethernet cable from my macbook to the time capsule and was able to set it up.

The problem is that none of the computers in my house (a macbook, macbook pro, and a HP) have been able to get on the internet when connected to the network through wifi. I have gotten them to connect to the network, but they don't get internet. However, the macbook connected through the ethernet cable has no problems and gets on the internet perfectly fine. I have reset the time capsule several times to factory settings and tried various different settings and types of security, but no luck. I haven't changed any settings on any of the computers and restarted all the computers multiple times.

What is odd is that my iPhone is able to connect over wifi and get internet just fine. Only the computers connecting through wifi have problems.

Any idea what can be causing this? How can I fix this? Thank you!:)

2. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

If you factory reset I believe it clears the set up over WLAN option.

Do you have anytype of security password set up on the router or do you have security set up on your other wireless devices?