Time Capsule internet disconnecting

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by hailst0rm, Dec 14, 2008.

1. hailst0rm macrumors member

I'm having a problem with internet access at the moment. I've got a Time Capsule which is connected up to a Draytek Vigor 100 ADSL modem. In the past 4 or 5 days the Internet has been stalling to a halt. I've discovered that if I go into the Airport configuration utility and choose 'Renew DHCP Lease' on the Internet page everything starts working again.

The IP address that is passed onto my Time Capsule from the modem nearly always stays the same.

I've phoned my ISP up (O2 Broadband) and they told me I've only disconnected a couple of times during the day. Prior to this happening my connection has been rock solid.

Not sure where the problem lies nor why its only been happening recently.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. dylanbrown macrumors 6502

I have a similar problem...

Currently I'm with BT and I use the 500GB Time Capsule as my primary router. I have it set to the 5GHz frequency (Meaning only N enabled devices can connect to it). When using the internet via the AirPort on my MacBook, sometimes my connection will just drop - and this isn't due to my broadband connection.

I have phoned AppleCare numerous times and called them about this prob and they don't know anything about it! Connecting to the BT Home Hub is fine.

Going to be getting iMac in Jan so will be able to troubleshoot more then.... but running my MacBook off ethernet is annoying!

Let me know if you find a fix

3. hailst0rm thread starter macrumors member