Time Capsule IP/Wireless

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by hayleywow, Mar 10, 2013.

1. hayleywow macrumors regular

hayleywow

Hi Guys,

I have bought a time capsule recently to replace my BT home hub, and also for my time machine backups for my MBP. I have noticed that the IP address is a bit odd... as most routers start 192.168 but the time capsule start 10.0 is this right???????

Also is there anyway within Airport to monitor who accesses the wireless?? or who's connected to it??

Any help gratefully received sorry for the many questions I'm new to time capsules.

Thanks

Hay

2. JamesWillson69 macrumors member

As long as it's working and your connected to the internet, I shouldn't see a problem. And yes, there is a way to check out who's connected. If your using the latest version of Airport Utility, simply click on the Time Capsule and it will come up with the wireless clients. The more listings, the more people that are connected.

Hope this helps! :D

3. drsox macrumors 65816

drsox

You can change the IP settings on the TC by looking at the DHCP and NAT settings.
    For wireless clients look at Wireless Clients in Airport Utility for the TC.

4. STidrvr macrumors member

When an IP begins with 10.xxx.xxx this is usually part of a Class A network. Class A networks are designed to work with extremely large networks, with lots of connected devices, think in the millions. Just some useless information for ya

5. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

6. hayleywow thread starter macrumors regular

hayleywow