Time Capsule + iPhone connectivity problems

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Switz213, May 17, 2011.

1. Switz213 macrumors 6502

Okay, so I know that the iPhone often has problems with the Time Capsule because of compatibility issues with N.

Mine is set to Auto (802.11a/n-802.11b/g/n) http://cl.ly/6s49
    I tried setting it to 802.11a-802.11b/g but that also doesn't work.

I'd like to avoid setting it to that too because I want all my devices on my network to run on N.

Thanks

2. r0k, May 18, 2011
    Last edited: May 18, 2011

r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

Problems? What sort of problems?

I use an Airport Extreme Base Station and my time capsule has been relegated to a NAS role. I have never notice connectivity issues with iPod Touch, iPad or iPhone to AEBS, though when I was using the TC as a router I didn't have the iPad or iPhone at the time.

I do notice internet connectivity problems from time to time but they are always my cable modem and once I reset it everything is fine. I notice this most often on my iPhone and iPad because I'm almost constantly using the internet with one or the other device.

I have the newest AEBS and the first gen Time Capsule. I know the AEBS offers the ability to have a guest network as well as the ability to mix devices of different speeds on the same network. I also have an Airport Express used to extend my wireless network at the opposite end of the house from the AEBS. I use default settings on the devices and have no problem with N capable devices reaching N speeds even in the presence of older wireless printers that can only do G.

BTW your screen shot is coming up blank. It's probably better to provide the underlying url.

3. Switz213 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the response.
    Connectivity issues meaning it doesn't connect at all. (tried 4-5 different iPhones)

iPad works fine.

[​IMG]

4. Switz213 thread starter macrumors 6502

Can someone move this to the appropriate forum?
    Thanks

5. Switz213 thread starter macrumors 6502

bump