Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Switz213

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 26, 2008
Okay, so I know that the iPhone often has problems with the Time Capsule because of compatibility issues with N.

Mine is set to Auto (802.11a/n-802.11b/g/n) http://cl.ly/6s49
I tried setting it to 802.11a-802.11b/g but that also doesn't work.

I'd like to avoid setting it to that too because I want all my devices on my network to run on N.

Thanks

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
Okay, so I know that the iPhone often has problems with the Time Capsule because of compatibility issues with N.

Mine is set to Auto (802.11a/n-802.11b/g/n) http://cl.ly/6s49
I tried setting it to 802.11a-802.11b/g but that also doesn't work.

I'd like to avoid setting it to that too because I want all my devices on my network to run on N.

Thanks

Problems? What sort of problems?

I use an Airport Extreme Base Station and my time capsule has been relegated to a NAS role. I have never notice connectivity issues with iPod Touch, iPad or iPhone to AEBS, though when I was using the TC as a router I didn't have the iPad or iPhone at the time.

I do notice internet connectivity problems from time to time but they are always my cable modem and once I reset it everything is fine. I notice this most often on my iPhone and iPad because I'm almost constantly using the internet with one or the other device.

I have the newest AEBS and the first gen Time Capsule. I know the AEBS offers the ability to have a guest network as well as the ability to mix devices of different speeds on the same network. I also have an Airport Express used to extend my wireless network at the opposite end of the house from the AEBS. I use default settings on the devices and have no problem with N capable devices reaching N speeds even in the presence of older wireless printers that can only do G.

BTW your screen shot is coming up blank. It's probably better to provide the underlying url.

Last edited:

Switz213

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 26, 2008
Thanks for the response.
Connectivity issues meaning it doesn't connect at all. (tried 4-5 different iPhones)

iPad works fine.

Screen_shot_2011-05-18_at_1.28.02_AM.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.