Time Capsule is in this weeks Best Buy ad.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by chamrick75, Feb 24, 2008.

1. chamrick75 macrumors newbie

I've been eagerly waiting for the release of Time Capsule as I know many of you have been as well. I was browsing the weekly ads in today's Sunday paper and to my surprise, in the Best Buy ad, was Time Capsule. They listed it as if it is already for sale at their stores (it doesn't say available XX or anything). Although, according to their Website, no stores in my area actually have them in stock.

Do you guys think this was a mistake? Or, are they expecting shipment very soon. I bet we'll find out on Tuesday.

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

They also advertise Apple products in the ad where I live but don't carry them in the store or even have any on display. They said they can order it for you online if you want . There is no Apple store or Best Buy that carries Apples within a hundred miles. It somewhat bothers me that they advertise Apples in the ad but don;t carry them in the store but what can I do about it.

3. John.B macrumors 601

John.B

Well that's good news for those of us who have been waiting for Time Capsule, but not a very good sign for those of us who were hoping for the MBP revision for this Tuesdays "OMG teh Apple store is down!!!1!" forum funfest...

I hear you guys about BB and Mac stock in the store, we have one store with one table with iMacs, MacBooks, MacBook Pros, minis, etc. and a big black halfwall behind it with the Apple logo. That's it. The other local BB stores all refer you to that one if you ask them about Macs. (I always ask, "If I have to go all that way why wouldn't I just go to the Apple store instead?")

4. chamrick75 thread starter macrumors newbie

To update everyone, I did go to my local Best Buy today which has a mini Apple store and they did not have the Time Capsule in stock yet.

5. Flyer0815 macrumors 6502

My order placed on Apple.com still states "Not Yet Shipped". I sure hope I get mine before Best Buy stores get theirs....

6. southcounty949 macrumors member

southcounty949

No Time Capsule at Mission Viejo, CA Today

I also saw the ad, went to my local best buy (for something else), and they did not have this yet. What the heck Best Buy ...

7. Komiksulo macrumors 6502

The Canadian retailer Future Shop (owned by Best Buy) lists it in its online store with the note, "Releases 07 Mar/08".

8. ascender macrumors 68020

It looks like online orders from Apple might ship this week, so maybe Best Buy are expecting a shipment in this week too?