Time Capsule- Is now a good time to purchase?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by JGuez, Jun 20, 2008.

1. JGuez macrumors member

I was looking into getting a time capsule, in particular the 1 terabyte one and was hoping to hear about a price drop at WWDC 2008 but was disappointed to not hear anything about that.

I'm new to the forums, and have been visiting the site since the iPhone 3G was announced and everyone here seems to be knowledgeable about upcoming Apple products. I was curious if I should just go ahead and get the time capsule they are offering now or wait a little and maybe they will upgrade them (even though 1 tb is enough). I just don't want to get screwed when they announce a 2 tb for $500 and the 1 tb for $300. ;)

2. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

I am certain it is safe to get one now. If any improvements are to be made to the time capsule, it will be through software updates. Also, 1 TB is plenty and should last you a long time. :)

3. JGuez thread starter macrumors member

Haha, I'm sure 1 TB will be plenty, it's just I don't want them coming out with a new one 2 months after I buy it.

Thanks though! Probably going to end up getting one soon.

4. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

Yeah, I'd say it's completely safe to get one now. It's fairly priced compared to similar hard drives when you add in the cost of an Airport Extreme. There will be updates in the future, but no one beside from Apple really knows when. No historical data is given about updates either. Just get a Time Capsule and enjoy. No point in waiting when you have no idea how long you may be waiting for. Good luck and have fun. You'll love it :D