Time Capsule Isn't Recognized.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Nadav, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Nadav macrumors regular

I just got a 500 GB Time Capsule and I've been trying to set it up. Whenever I go to Time Machine, and I click choose Backup Disk, there is nothing for me to choose from. I have connected it through and ethernet cord to see if it would would and it still doesn't. Am I doing something wrong?

2. Nadav thread starter macrumors regular

Bump. It might annoy you that I bumped this topic, but I really need to have this work, my iMac has experienced two kernal panics in the past week.

3. ltsching macrumors member

When you open the Finder, does the Time Capsule show up under the SHARED Tab on the left? If Time Machine can't see it, it most likely means that it is not mounted.

4. Nadav thread starter macrumors regular

5. ltsching macrumors member

Is the Time Capsule on? The small light in front green? Once you installed the TC properly, it should just show up on your Finder as a shared drive. You will then click on it to have it mount on your desktop. If all is set up properly, try restart your computer and see if TC mounts. Good luck.

6. Koola macrumors member

You need to run the setup cd, then manually configure through the new airport utility.

Took me less than 3 mins to get it up and running a N-wireless network and a further 30 secs for TM to kick in and start the initial backup.

7. Nadav thread starter macrumors regular

I put the cd in and installed it right when I got time machine. Then I plugged it into the outlet and it has a green light for a second, and just keeps flashing orange.

8. ltsching macrumors member

It seems to me you haven't properly installed the TC. You need to do that first before you can use TM. Once you plug in the TC, the light will flash amber and you will need AirPort Utility (in Applications-->Utilities folder) to configure your TC just making sure you have the latest version of AirPort Utility. You can update it through the included CD or download it. You just follow the instructions and configure your TC to the appropriate network settings. Once that is done, TC will restart and the light will stay green meaning it is working. You should see TC in the SHARED section of your Finder. Good luck.