Time Capsule Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jvoto, Apr 27, 2011.

1. jvoto macrumors newbie

I currently have a iMac, a Time Capsule and an Airport express that I have used to extend my wireless signal. I has been working perfectly for about 6 months. Now it has stopped working. The Time Capsule will not recognize my ethernet connection and is flashing yellow. I know my ethernet is working because my kids computer can get on the internet fine. But I can't get on the internet from my iMac. I have tried resetting the modem, unplugging, soft reset of TC as well as hard reset and no help. How can I get the TC to recognize it is connected to the ethernet? It may be simple but I am computer challenged. Any help would be appreciated.

2. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

How about unplug the TC and plug the ethernet into the Express, does the Express recognize ethernet?

3. jvoto thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry for the delay. I did hook up the airport express and still it says that the ethernet is not plugged into the WAN port. I don't understand. I have had the cable company come out and they say the internet and modem are working fine. Am I to believe that the WAN port is not working on both my TC and AE, both going out at the same time? Any help is appreciated.

4. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

How about plug the ethernet straight into the iMac?

Seems really odd that both the TC and Express would have this problem at exactly the same time.

Maybe give Apple a call.

5. jvoto thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll try that. But I assume that will work since my kids computer is getting internet. I can't imagine that both my TC and AE are both screwed up but it appears that my modem is working correctly and all my cables are okay since I can get internet on the kids computer that is directly connected to the ethernet. I guess it is possible that I have had a power surge or something that has fired both WAN ports on the TC and AE at the same time. That would be some really bad luck. I may try calling Apple. I have found others that have this issue all over the net but no fix ever talked about. I'm frustrated and lost. Thanks for helping. I'll let you know what I find out.

6. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

I'm confused. How is the kids' computer working if the TC is not getting the signal from the modem?

Can you confirm whether I understand your set-up correctly?

Cable jack > modem (via coax) > TC (via ethernet) > kids' computer (via ethernet)

Cable jack > modem (via coax) > TC (via ethernet) > iMac (via wireless)

If this is correct, I'm not seeing how the kids' computer is working.

The only other thing that I can think of is that the modem isn't releasing the IP address or something.

7. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

Also have you looked in Airport Utility to see what is causing the yellow light?

Or is the TC and Express not showing up in Airport?

If it is showing up you can click on the yellow light it will tell you the problem it's having.