Time capsule issues

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by nemesiswar, Mar 21, 2016.

1. nemesiswar macrumors member

So... When i got home from work today my internet wasn't working and i of course started my troubleshooting be restarting my modem with no result. i later checked my ethernet cables and noticed that the cable directly from my modem gave me internet connection so i then checked my Airport utility and i saw it was showing an issue with double NAT.

I have tried to factory reset my Airport with no luck. when i turn off DHCP and NAT to bridge mode it will work on 1 or 2 computers.

To clarify my network i have about 6 computers connected by ethernet plus my living room things like my Apple TV, Playstation and TV hooked up to ethernet as well with a couple of switches. the wifi docent work at all.

Im kinda out of ideas, is it time to go and buy a new Airport?

2. komatsu macrumors 6502

Ok, so 2 computers out of 4 will work?

double NAT turned off and AE set to bridge mode?

3. IHelpId10t5 macrumors 6502

Best bet is always to Google how to set your ISP's modem/router to bridge mode, turn off it's wireless radio, and then use your Apple (Airport) router to do everything (ISPs can't be trusted). This avoids double-NAT and gives you complete control of your wireless, DNS, DHCP, NAT, and firewall. Resetting to factory defaults was a great start and using wired Ethernet is certainly how you should be testing so that's a good start.

4. nemesiswar thread starter macrumors member

I called the ISP and made sure the modem was already in bridge mode. I went downtown to my mac store and lent another airport which worked so i bought it and now it works.

5. komatsu macrumors 6502

Good suggestion but what is you already use the wireless functionality of your ISP's modem router. What do you do then?