Time Capsule Linux with OSX 10.6 ?!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by andben, Sep 3, 2009.

1. andben macrumors newbie

Hi, my cool solution with Time Capsule running on Linux failed after upgrading to 10.6... I see in the system.log that the sparsebundle try to creates the bundle WITHOUT the macadress. Making a new sparsebundle from Disk Utility with NO macadress does not solve the issue... then my TimeMachine try to create <computername> 1.sparsebundle. And if I create a bundle with that name it try to create <computername> 2.sparsebundle...

Has someone a solution for this?

(My setup is: running netatalk with avahi-daemon and a big EXT3 disk in linux, macbook take it for a TM-aware-volume and backup via wireless)

Help!

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I know next to nothing about Linux, but "netatalk" sounds suspiciously like a Linux version of AppleTalk. AppleTalk is gone in 10.6 and you should be using something more modern.

3. andben thread starter macrumors newbie

Nah my problem is not a network/protocol issue, i can connect to my linuxbox like before... so the simple protocol is not the thieve here...

It appears that Apple has done something in SL to make guys like me to buy a real Time Capsule....