Time Capsule locations?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Smileyboy, May 8, 2011.

1. Smileyboy macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

So since my house got broken into and my iMac was stolen, along with my MacBook Air, TV and a few other things. I'm looking to put my new time capsule inside of my attic along with my entire wireless network system and I was just wondering if anybody can recommend anything, as far storage and how to do that. I just don't things to get overheated, it it does get hot up in the attic. I'm open if there's any other ideas like a crawl space or something I'm open to that as well. I'm looking to see some setups. Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. jenzjen macrumors 68000

My 2c, just put it up there first to see what effects this location has on your signal, range, etc before you go through the trouble of making a proper home for it in the attic.

3. flynz4 macrumors 68040

The best solution is to back up your data to the cloud. There are many services available... some of them are dirt cheap. They are extremely secure. I've used Mozy and Crashplan+. I am use CP+ now.

Trying to keep your data safe from fire, theft, disaster in your house is not the best solution. You need automatic, continuous, offsite backup.

/Jim

4. Herdfan macrumors 6502

Unless your attic is conditioned space or you live in Alaska, the attic would be the last place I would put it. Heat = short life for electronics.

Do you have a out of the way place in a closet or cabinet?