Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vster

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 19, 2005
Celina, TX
Setup: TC connected to cable modem via ethernet. On the wireless network, is a G5 iMac, MacBook Pro, MacBook, and G4 iBook.

Problem: About twice a week the connection speed seems to slow to a crawl. Speakeasy.net puts the speed on this occasions at 300-600kbps. The usual speed is 6,000-7,000kbps. The way I had corrected this was to reset the TC and when it restarted it would go back to the faster speeds.

I've tried a few things to fix this...
1) reset the TC only (temporary fix)
2) reset the cable modem only (didn't do jack squat)
3) reset the cable modem and the TC (temporary fix)
4) had cable modem reset through the cable co. (nothing)
5) had TC replaced (worked for about a week)

So I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what I should do.

I've looked this up on MacRumors and Apple support and the only stuff that I have found deals with the backing up which I'm not going to deal with until I can get this problem figured out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
;)

ubercool

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2008
Las Vegas
I don't know if you solved your problem, but my Airport software spends most of its time "Scanning" for the Time Capsule, which I know is slowing down performance. I have not figured out what's wrong but this started happening after I had to reset the unit about a week after the AE software lost the TC connection. Took me two hours to get it back up and running again. :(

Anyone else have the same problem?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.