Time Capsule Network

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by fscarpa, Mar 4, 2009.

1. fscarpa macrumors regular

I've just bought Time Capsule and set it as my iMac and Windows Notebooks at home can all connect to the internet. However I can't either "see" the notebooks from my iMac or "see" my iMac from the notebooks.
    Need help.

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

3. fscarpa thread starter macrumors regular

How am I supposed to do this (both in mac and pc)? And then how do I know it worked?
    Obs.: PCs are with Windows XP

4. fscarpa thread starter macrumors regular

I'm stuck again...
    Now both my Mac and PC are in the same Network (Workgroup). From windows I can see my mac but when I click on it, only its printer and "printers and Faxes" icons appear. I can see my PC at that side column on Finder, but when I click on it, "connection failed" appears. If I click on the "connect as" button, comes the window: Enter your user name and password to access the file server xxx. Connect as: Guest - Registered User. If I connect as a guest, it fails. If I connect as a registered user, I don't know what name and password I should use.
    Obs.: When I'm at Apple>System Preferences>View>Sharing, there is no "windows sharing" in the service column.
    What now?

5. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Leopard no longer has a Windows Sharing option. Instead, under File Sharing, click Options, select the SMB option, then select your user account.

When connecting to your PC, you should use the user account credentials that you use to log onto the PC.

6. fscarpa thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, I've enabled the SMB option. Now, besides the printer and "printers and Faxes" icons, I can see xxx'x public folder from my PC. When I enter the folder, there's another one inside: Drop Box. But when I click it I get this message: "\\mac...\xxx's public folder\Drop Box is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of the server to find out if you have acces permissions".

To connect to my PC, even if I use my pc user account credentials, it fails to connet.