Time Capsule. No Longer Backs-up! Help!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Topcat360, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Topcat360, Dec 23, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2013

Topcat360 macrumors newbie

I've had an issue with my Apple Time Capsule. It stopped backing up as of December 1st. I get this when I attempt a back up: The back up disk image "/Volumes/Data/MacBook Pro.sparsebundle" could not be accessed (error (null)). Does anyone know what caused this, and how I go about fixing it. The Time Capsule is the previous generation 2TB model.

2. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Try connecting via Ethernet and seeing if the problem is still there. I am not sure, but I believe changes to the computer name can cause a backup to fail.

Start by testing if it backs up over Ethernet. If it does try over Wi-Fi. If it fails to, try to remap Time Machine to backup to the drive again. It may give a warning. However, the drive could be failing but try my steps first.

3. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Hard to say for sure what the problem is but I think I have a customer with the same issue. Power cycling the Time Capsule worked for a short while but things went bad again quickly. I believe I'm going to have to pay them a visit and do a complete reset and disk repair...start from scratch, that is.