Time Capsule not reachable from G5

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Sydde, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

On my G5 2.7, the Time Capsule no longer responds. The wireless still sees the neighbor's network, so I know that is working, but I cannot get online or see the NAS. I suspect an upgrade may have been installed from the MacBook in the other room that cut off my PowerMac. Has anyone else had this happen? I am using WPA2, should I try downgrading everything to WPA or WEP, or is this a protocol "improvement" that has locked it out for good?

2. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

What generation Time Capsule is it and what upgrades may have been installed?

3. Sydde thread starter macrumors 68020

Sydde

I think I bought it about a year and a half ago, new. It must have gotten the update within the past three months.

4. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Are you getting an IP from the Time Capsule using DHCP? What happens if you try to access the disk using the "Connect to Server" option in the Finder?

5. Sydde thread starter macrumors 68020

Sydde

Problem is, I have always had it on silent mode, or whatever that is called, so all I get from the G5 is that it could not find the network. I am loath to change that even temporarily, but I guess I may have to in order to diagnose the issue.

6. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

You may need to clear out your network preferences before re-adding the network in System Preferences.