Time capsule off Ebay was not as advertised - Need Help

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by roux, Oct 22, 2009.

1. roux macrumors newbie

I bought a time capsule 500GB off Ebay from a seller with a 100% satisfied rating. It was said to be MB764, but when I received it, it was model A1254 which I found to be MB276. Also, it did not include the software, or user manual when it arrived which was not stated in his ad. I filed a complaint with paypal, when the seller would not answer any of my emails for return of the item. He is disputing it. My question to anyone who owns the time capsule is: Does the user manual and software disc show model # or something that would identify the time capsule model? I would guess that the manual would not include any information on simultaneous dual band or guest networking. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

have you written to ebay about it?

if his ad says one thing and the item saying something else, then you surely have a case..

3. skorpien macrumors 68020

If you want to be sure that it has dual band networking, launch AirPort Utility, enter Manual Setup and see if the option to create dual/guest networks exists.

4. roux thread starter macrumors newbie

I went through Ebay, but since I had paid with paypal, you get sent to them.
    The model number is A1254, which is an MB276LL. It doesn't have those features. I just want to know if the software disc and manual has the model number on it and if that was the reason he didn't send them.

5. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

If you paid with a credit card, contact them too. That will get Paypal moving a little faster.

6. roux thread starter macrumors newbie

For those of you who have time capsules, does the software disc or user's manual have a model # on it, or something that tells you which version you bought?

7. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

8. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

I can confirm that the disk and the manual does NOT have the model number imprinted on them. I'm looking at it right now.