Time Capsule or Different External Hard Drive?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by shuffles, Nov 21, 2008.

1. shuffles macrumors 6502

shuffles

I need to get an external hard drive cuz the space on my Air is nearly used up. Im looking to get a 1tb drive. Should I get Time Capsule or get a random drive? I have an Archos 7 tablet so ill need to store all of my movies on it. Would Time Capsule allow me to do this or does it only store things from Apple software ie iTunes etc?

Also, if the shoe is on the other foot, if I were to get a random 1tb drive could I drag all my itunes music onto that as well?

2. belvdr macrumors 601

I'd go with the external drive, but that's because I think the TC is overpriced for what you want to do.

With an external drive, you can move your iTunes library to it with no issues.

3. bertpalmer macrumors 6502

I went for external storage because it is a lot cheaper.

If you want to store stuff on it like the iTunes library or movies then you might want to consider buying two or even a raid drive so that they are backed up.

Be awful to move this off your computer only for the drive to pack up.

4. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

Same here. i went with a new airport extreme and an external 1tb drive. I just can't decide which drive to buy.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Agreed. And, if you happen to need a bigger drive at some point, it's easier than having some 2-n-1 deal.