Time Capsule or external HDD like Taurus from MacPower?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by dooyou, Mar 6, 2008.

1. dooyou macrumors regular

First of all, i just ordered Time Capsule in january. And today tnt delivered it, and now its on my desk. Not unpacked...

I'm unsure, should i unpack it?

I'm not a heavy user (2 laptops, one with windows and the mbp), tc would be great for me because time machine works perfect with it. And i can save all my files on it, photos....just everything else. i could place the tc wherever i want...quiet workplace...

but with the "taurus" from macpower and FW 800 (singledrive, not raid) i can store all my files faster and i could boot from it (backups with superduper), but with more noise...

what's about a combination with tc and a external firewire hdd for my mbp (booting os x with it, when i need it)?

Sorry, i'm speaking english not perfectly.

2. eldino macrumors member

eldino

Test TC. If the speed is nice enough for you, then keep using it. If not, go back to the fantastic Macpower Taurus. Macpower is the best enclosures brand on the market, in mt advice. They really rock and they don't charge so much money for the quality of their products.

3. dooyou thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, thanks for your answer. I go back to Macpower, its enough for me and faster. My Linksys wireless router works perfectly too, so i don't need 802.11n and TC.