Time Capsule or Mac Mini

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by benlee, May 4, 2008.


What Should I Buy?

Poll closed May 24, 2008.
  1. Keep the G4 mini and buy a Time Capsule

    0 vote(s)
  2. Keep the G4 mini and skip the Time Capsule

    1 vote(s)
  3. Sell the G4 and buy a new Mini

    2 vote(s)
  4. Sell the G4 and buy a refurbished iMac

    3 vote(s)
  1. benlee macrumors 65816


    Mar 4, 2007
    So Im pretty sure I'm getting a 1.5Ghz g4 mini from a guy on craigslist as a trade as soon as finals are over and I have time to meet him.
    I just got $150 from my parents for my Birthday that i have decided to spend on my technological cravings.
    I have an airport express along with a crappy Lan Router for my wired connections. I also have a 500GB external hooked up to my MBP for Time machine and Streaming AppleTV movies. However, My Girlfriend has no backup for her MB so I thought a time capsule would be a great addition.

    However, now I'm trying to decide if I should wait till I get the mini and sell it. and the $150 to that plus the additional money that I would spend on the time capsule and that would equal about $650--enough to buy a C2D Mini or even almost enough for a low end refurbished iMac.

    What do you all think I should do?
  2. SkyBell macrumors 604


    Sep 7, 2006
    Texas, unfortunately.
    I think you should just get the mini, and find a cheaper backup solution, but it really depends in weather you need the mini more or she needs the backup more.

    My two cents.
  3. iknowyourider macrumors 6502a


    Mar 26, 2008
    I have a few modest bones in my body that say, keep the g4 mini, get her a wd passport on sale and chill. Get a 250 gb for example, if she has a 120. Clone it with superduper, put it in the MB and put the 120 in the wd enclosure.
  4. QCassidy352 macrumors G4


    Mar 20, 2003
    Bay Area
    Why is there no option for "sell the mini, get a time capsule?" Because that's what I'd vote for. Honestly, the mini seems like fun, but when would you ever prefer to use a 1.5 ghz G4 rather than your beautiful macbook pro?
  5. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

    Aug 11, 2007
    if it is an option i would also sell the mini, buy TC..
    i (i really hope [not being sarcastic] that you get something for it)...
    i mean you have all the power you need under the hood of your MBP....

Share This Page