Time Capsule ping issue

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Serban, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Serban Suspended

So i have 1 pc wired to my Time capsule and on http://www.speedtest.net i have 3ms ping, and until 2 days ago on my iMac and macbook wireless i was having 10ms, and now i have 27-28ms. Can be some issues with my devices? i dont change the places of them

2. opinio macrumors 65816

Speed test give you internet speeds and ping from your computer to the server on the internet and back. It is not testing your local network speeds. In other words it has nothing to do with the Time Capsule. Unless of course your local network is so slow compared to your internet.

If you are getting longer ping it is because of your internet connection and the server at the other end. I get a ping of 3-5ms on one of the servers in my city and 10 on another and 20 or so on another. It really depends on the server providing its services to speedtest users and also your internet infrastructure. Try different servers on speedtest. You'll get considerably different pings.

3. opinio macrumors 65816

Here are examples of four different servers in my area and the varying ping. Each image is a different server (ISP/RSP). Note my speeds are done on absolute peak time (Friday night 8PM) hence the varied DL/UL.

Attached Files:

4. Serban thread starter Suspended

i always test with the same provider and server

5. Serban thread starter Suspended

i will see some differences when my imac and macbook with wifi ac arrives? i have the new time capsule, the dll and upload speed are at max already from my provider. i just wonder in terms of pings if i will get any better

6. Serban thread starter Suspended

seems my provider server have some issues because with the other 2 servers i have 3 ms