Time Capsule problems

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by QueenofRandom, Dec 2, 2012.

1. QueenofRandom macrumors newbie

Hey all,

I have had a browse and a google but can't seem to get the bloody thing working again >.<

Basically, I had my TC set up as just a wireless backup device and also with my external hard drive plugged in so I can access that wireless. I think it was set up to extend the existing network technically but been so long since I did it I can't remember exactly.

I mainly use it to backup and also with Plex to play films on my PS3.

So I wake up today and my dad has had issues with the wireless so phoned Virgin Media and for some reason they had to reset the router to default name and password for it to work. Which in turn buggered up my network. I have tried to reset the TC, and re do everything, extend existing network etc. But it won't stay wireless. Over ethernet it is fine, as soon as I take that ethernet out it all goes Pete Tong, AirPort doesn't see the device and I can't connect to the shared folders. But the light is green on the TC itself.

I'd rather not stay on ethernet as I have a laptop and don't really want to be stuck in one room all the time... Even if I do have a 3m cable xD

Hope that's enough info, if you need anything more let me know and thanks for any help! :D I'm sure it's something stupid I'm doing

2. iMarvin macrumors 6502

iMarvin

Is the network name of the broadband router still default? If not, try changing it. Maybe there is a network with the same default name nearby. :)