Time Capsule Problems

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by kevin86, May 3, 2009.

1. kevin86 macrumors member

Ok, I'm having a really weird problem here and I hope someone can help.

I have one of the 500 GB time capsules. It's been working great for a year plus now but in the last week I've been having issues. I completely lose my internet connection. I still have wireless connectivity and can see the time capsule through Airport utility. All I have to do is restart the time capsule and internet connectivity comes back.

This happens every 3 hrs now or so. What could it be?

2. natebookpro macrumors 6502a

Same here. I called they will tell you that a neighbor or someone near you has started a new network and it is causing interference. Then they will tell you to drop down to 2.4 with interface robustness. I made it clear that I don't have any new networks around me and they sent me a new one. Guess what, it's doing the same thing. I'm not sure what to do now really either.

3. Villa35 macrumors newbie

Time Machine keeps dropping the wireless connection

Time Machine keeps dropping the wireless internet connection..ex: when coming out of sleep mode, internet drops.

Plus it takes forever to reconnect...25 sec is the fastest but often I have to turn off the connection and then turn it on again to get it to recognize the signal.

I never had this problem before when using a standard Apple wireless modem.

Anyone know what the problem is or how to correct it?

Thanks.