Time Capsule quality

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by micqo, Jul 5, 2016.

1. micqo, Jul 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2016

micqo macrumors member

IMG_0397.jpg Have you noticed in your device a trace like this that mine? About a week ago I bought a new TC and just notice in good light this trace/stripeline. Nothing dangerous, maybe little bit irritating LOL :cool:

View attachment 638985

2. Frosties macrumors 6502a

Frosties

With my late time capsule (the square one) the logic board died after 4 years. As many of those old ones did. A bit of paint fault i would gladly take if my old one survived. :)

3. thats all folks macrumors 6502a

thats all folks

you should return it. also, not a great time to be buying a new AirPort/TimeCapsule. bit of a dated product at this point. plenty of newer, more interesting (if less attractive) products out there.

4. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Interesting. Time Capsule has been known to fail...my guess is poor airflow.

5. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

The older ones had issues with power supplies which have been resolved with the new model. The newer AirPorts also have better cooling systems and design.

6. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Good to know. My current Time Capsule is about 4 years old.

7. micqo thread starter macrumors member

Yeah! I considering it…lets see! Maybe not I know (I have heard rumors from the new TC but when its come out - release date is mystery), but I had to because I needed a good modem and wireless backup :)

I would be very interested to hear have anyone else noticed similar material (stripes) issues.

8. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

To be honest, I do not exactly see the issue. To me it appears to be a glare. Is it like a scratch on the actual unit? If so then return it and get a new one. Never had an Apple product be visibly damaged out of the box, even refurbished units.

9. micqo thread starter macrumors member

If u zoom the image you can see that there is a odd seam runs in a straight line from top to bottom on the front left side. You can also feel it in finger and fingernail.

10. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

I would get it replaced if it bothers you.

11. micqo thread starter macrumors member

In two mind what to do with this… Should I change it or keep it. Network etc. work well so its only material issue. Maybe this is feature… :D

12. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

I am sure you can get one in mint cosmetic condition with full functionality. They are not a rare species you know... :D

13. puma1552 macrumors 601

I'm pretty sure he can't - I just looked at mine and saw the same thing, which I've never noticed - it's painfully obvious that it's a seam from the molding process of the time capsule - they are all going to be that way, there is nothing wrong with it whatsoever - it's how it was made.

14. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

I think I was staring at the wrong line in the picture the whole time and I think OP edited it to highlight the issue. :D

15. micqo thread starter macrumors member

Well, I decided to keep it. :) In the end its just the small cosmetic "issue". Yes, I can live with :D I am sometimes quite squeamish when it comes to Apple products :cool: :apple: