Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

micqo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2014
IMG_0397.jpg
Have you noticed in your device a trace like this that mine? About a week ago I bought a new TC and just notice in good light this trace/stripeline. Nothing dangerous, maybe little bit irritating LOL :cool:

View attachment 638985

Last edited:

Frosties

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2009
Sweden
With my late time capsule (the square one) the logic board died after 4 years. As many of those old ones did. A bit of paint fault i would gladly take if my old one survived. :)

micqo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2014
you should return it. also, not a great time to be buying a new AirPort/TimeCapsule. bit of a dated product at this point. plenty of newer, more interesting (if less attractive) products out there.

Yeah! I considering it…lets see! Maybe not I know (I have heard rumors from the new TC but when its come out - release date is mystery), but I had to because I needed a good modem and wireless backup :)

I would be very interested to hear have anyone else noticed similar material (stripes) issues.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
I would be very interested to hear have anyone else noticed similar material (stripes) issues.

To be honest, I do not exactly see the issue. To me it appears to be a glare. Is it like a scratch on the actual unit? If so then return it and get a new one. Never had an Apple product be visibly damaged out of the box, even refurbished units.

micqo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2014
To be honest, I do not exactly see the issue. To me it appears to be a glare. Is it like a scratch on the actual unit? If so then return it and get a new one. Never had an Apple product be visibly damaged out of the box, even refurbished units.

If u zoom the image you can see that there is a odd seam runs in a straight line from top to bottom on the front left side. You can also feel it in finger and fingernail.

micqo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2014
I would get it replaced if it bothers you.

In two mind what to do with this… Should I change it or keep it. Network etc. work well so its only material issue. Maybe this is feature… :D

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
In two mind what to do with this… Should I change it or keep it. Network etc. work well so its only material issue. Maybe this is feature… :D

I am sure you can get one in mint cosmetic condition with full functionality. They are not a rare species you know... :D

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
I am sure you can get one in mint cosmetic condition with full functionality. They are not a rare species you know... :D

I'm pretty sure he can't - I just looked at mine and saw the same thing, which I've never noticed - it's painfully obvious that it's a seam from the molding process of the time capsule - they are all going to be that way, there is nothing wrong with it whatsoever - it's how it was made.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
I'm pretty sure he can't - I just looked at mine and saw the same thing, which I've never noticed - it's painfully obvious that it's a seam from the molding process of the time capsule - they are all going to be that way, there is nothing wrong with it whatsoever - it's how it was made.

I think I was staring at the wrong line in the picture the whole time and I think OP edited it to highlight the issue. :D

micqo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2014
Well, I decided to keep it. :) In the end its just the small cosmetic "issue". Yes, I can live with :D I am sometimes quite squeamish when it comes to Apple products :cool: :apple:

Reactions: Altemose
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.