time capsule question

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by steveklenee7, Jan 31, 2012.

1. steveklenee7 macrumors newbie

I operate an imac connected to a time capsule. It works great. My internet is connected to the time capsule with an ethernet cable and I access the internet on my imac using an ethernet cable connected to the time capsule. I can also connect to the time capsule using wireless.

A colleague of mine wants to connect to the internet and because of location issues the only convenient way is to let him connect to my time capsule using an ethernet cable. He can access the internet fine and he uses a windows PC. Now my question is, will he be able to access my time machine backup files if he connects to my time capsule using an ethernet cable? I have not given him my password.

Any help will be appreciated. I want to help him get online but I want to make sure he cannot access my time machine backup files.

Thanks

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

There's probably a way to do it, but if your friend can't figure out his own solution to get on the internet I wouldn't worry about it.

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

As long as you did the initial setup to require a password to access the Time Capsule disk, then no he will not be able to access your disk.