Time Capsule Question

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by 08mxkfx, Oct 15, 2008.

1. 08mxkfx macrumors regular

08mxkfx

Im looking to get a time capsule to backup my iMac up onto, my dads macbook and my soon to have macbook. Would i beable to backup all these to one time capsule aslong as i have enough room? And will each computer beable to look into another computers files? Also could i put my music file on the time machine and then listen to them on each computer without having to have them stored on each computer just stored on the time machine?

2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

You can backup multiple Macs on one Time Capsule.

I don't think you can easily view files backed up from another Mac.

Regarding the music, are you looking to keep all your iTunes music on the Time Capsule or are you just looking to share some music? If just sharing, then iTunes can share music easily.

Also, if you already have wireless router, have you considered buying an external hard drive and connecting it to the iMac instead of buying a Time Capsule? As long as the iMac is on, it can share the drive to be used with Time Machine for back ups or partitioned to store other files/music.

3. RRutter macrumors 6502

It seems this question is already answer, but yes - you can backup as many Macs as you want until the Time Capsule/any other Hard Drive until the HD space runs out.

Also, read this similar but not a duplicate post - It cant really be helpful. Seems it answers some of the questions you may be answering.