Time Capsule Question

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by tweety3, Nov 9, 2008.

1. tweety3 macrumors newbie

i just bought a second hand 500gb Time Capsule from a friend, but it still has some of his data on it. If I restore it to factory settings as described in the manual will it remove all his data and effectively be as if I bought it new?
    Sorry if this is a daft question, I'm new to all this stuff!!!
    TIA

2. tweety3 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I just wasn't sure if that would erase all the data or not, I did a google search and several posts suggested that it wouldn't remove the data, just restore tht time capsule settings! I have a Windows Vista laptop that I'll be installing it to so I wasn't sure if I'd have to manually erase all the data, and I wouldn't have a clue where to start!

3. mchlr macrumors newbie

Factory default reset: Perform this reset if you wish to repurpose the AirPort Base Station or Time Capsule and want to remove all personal profiles and settings first. This reset resets the device to its state when you first purchased it. Data stored on internal or external hard drives connected to the device will not be erased. If you choose, you may manually erase the hard drive using AirPort Utility.