Time capsule questions

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ValkXB70, Apr 9, 2011.

1. ValkXB70 macrumors newbie

Hi all, need some advice/info again. To begin with I have a MacBook air, iPad (16gb wifi), and roughly 250gb of iTunes media content. Currently I have all my iTunes media stored on an external seagate drive I carry around with my MacBook.

I have been thinking of picking up the 2Tb time capsule and locating my iTunes media onto that. However I am curious, if I do that will I be able to access my iTunes media when I'm away from home?

2. johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    i think you can access u're files on ure time capsule over mobileme

not sure on setting this up as u're itunes library will need to be informed that it no longer in the same room as u're TC and to use MM to acces the files

will be keepin a tab on this thread as i have my TC on order and should be arriving early next wk

3. Brian33 macrumors 6502a

I don't know the answer to your question, but if you do move your iTunes media onto a Time Capsule, I'm pretty sure that it won't be backed up by Time Machine. You'll have to come up with another backup plan for anything stored on the Time Capsule itself.

Regards,
    Brian33

4. shaun319 macrumors member

yes, whatever you move to the time capsule will not be backed up my mobileme. you will not have 2 copies of the itunes files