Time Capsule Range Boost

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by SteinMaster, Apr 2, 2009.

1. SteinMaster macrumors 6502

SteinMaster

Due to the way my wiring is set-up, I have to place my Time Capsule on the basement floor (broadband cable modem). I use my computers on the first and second levels and am getting about a 60% signal strength. Anyone have any ideas how I can increase the signal strength without having to move the TC? Thanks!

MBP Unibody

2. Rich1963 macrumors 6502

Take a look at these guys. While I've read good reviews, I've also never tried their kit myself.

http://www.quickertek.com/

Post back if you do.

3. anovick macrumors newbie

anovick

H-Squared

I purchased the AirMount TC from H-Squared and mounted my time capsule on the ceiling of my basement utility room. The TimeCapsule is now directly below the floor of the central hallway on the ground floor. WiFi coverage in the basement and on the first floor is excellent, and still very good on the 2nd floor.

From the H-Squared website: "This innovative product allows you to mount your Airport Extreme base station or Time Capsule on the wall, the ceiling or virtually any vertical or horizontal surface- providing maximum clearance for superior range and speed as well as freeing up desk or shelf space."

Checkout this link: http://www.h-sq.com/products/airmount/index.html

4. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Do you have a link to one of their reviews? I'm trying to find some before / after comparisons on the net, and I can't seem to find any.

5. u49aa2 macrumors 6502a

u49aa2

Same here, any one?

6. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...run some cat5 to your "ground" floor via a ventilation duct so the router is in the "middle" of the building...