Time Capsule Refresh for October 20th Apple Event?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by metalblaze, Oct 19, 2010.

1. metalblaze macrumors member

Folks, any chances/rumors for seeing a Time Capsule refresh for tomorrow's "Back to Mac" event? Offers from Lacie, QNAP, and Syology (for home/small business users) are surging ahead in terms of features/stability/speed compared to what TC provides.

Thoughts?

2. nutmac macrumors 68040

Aside from major revisions (e.g., first version with 802.11n), Time Capsule and AEBS are not featured at these events. That said, both Time Capsule and AEBS will be due for upgrade soon, at least for AirPrint and AirPlay (allowing connected hard disks and printers to be used by iOS devices).

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

If there is it will be a silent upgrade, there definitively is a chance, check the apple store after the keynote is over.

4. paintballswimgu macrumors 6502

I'm hoping for a time capsule refresh as well. I really want one, but i feel like the next refresh will hopefully fix the problem with overheating. Hopefully, some type of upgrade is made

5. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

I've been waiting to pull the trigger for a couple of months right now. All I need is a price drop. They are definitely too expensive right now...

I too will anxiously be watching tomorrow.

Bryan

6. dmm219 macrumors 6502