Time Capsule refuses to use DHCP rules

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Heilage, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Heilage macrumors 68030

Heilage

Hi guys. I'm getting pretty frustrated right now, I've been struggling with this for a few hours.

My Time Capsule is my main router, it controls all the networked gear in my apartment. I figured I wanted to make it all a bit more stable, so I startet setting IP reservations using MAC in AirPort Utility. However, it just won't acknowledge it. It just ignores the IPs I've reserved and gives my computer other IP's I've never specified.

Here's my current setup:

Code:
    Cable box -> Time Capsule (10.0.1.1) -> HTPC (Wired) (10.0.1.2, works)
                                           |-> Dumb switch (Wired through PowerLine)
                                                        |-> Gaming rig (10.0.1.3, should be 10.0.1.4)
                                                        |-> File server (10.0.1.8, should be 10.0.1.3)

Also, it should be noted that I reserved 10.0.1.5 and 10.0.1.6 for my wired and AirPort connections on my MacBook respectively, both seem to be working just fine.

Can anyone explain what's going on?

2. waw74 macrumors 68030

make sure you turn off all of your computers/devices that are having probles, and turn the on one by one. (letting them fully power up and obtain the new IP)

since the gameing system has the IP that the files server should have, if the game is still on, the server can't get the correct address.