time capsule searching

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MCSN, Sep 8, 2014.

1. MCSN macrumors regular

MCSN

Okay, so I have two Time Machines or Time Capsules, one is 2TB and the other 3TB. I have one used for backups and another for extending the network and I use it as an external storage drive.

At some point I thought i would be able to use finder to search through those files on the time capsule network file, but I was so wrong.

Maybe someone out there might know what I might have wrong settings wise, or have a tip or trick, to search those drives for files.

2. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Your Time Capsule disk should show in the Finder sidebar.

3. MCSN thread starter macrumors regular

MCSN

Oh yes, they both do. However, whenever I do a finder search, lets say I put all my files on the time capsule drive, as the data file. and use the drive as storage, for one time capsule and the other for backing up.

if I want the storage drive, to be searchable in finder, is this possible, or are there any workarounds. or maybe there's a check box somewhere in the cosmos that I can click, if someone knows where it is. lol

4. eduardrw macrumors 6502

If you want the TC drive's data showing up in spotlight searches you can try to add and then remove the drive under System Preferences - Spotlight - privacy Tab.
    This will re-index these files - then they will appear in your search results.
    Just give it some time to do the indexing - don't turn of your computer until its finished.