Time Capsule Setup Help

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by bigmack209, Mar 18, 2009.

1. bigmack209 macrumors newbie

bigmack209

Okay, I've read all the set-up guides etc...
    We just got new internet today. Our old internet was the built-in airport connecting to our stupid SLOWWWWWWWWW hughesnet internet. Now I have an AT&T aircard that's fast, but has a 5 GB per month bandwidth limit. I just plug that into my USB, open the "sierra wireless watcher" application, and click connect. quit, and i'm good. Since it's not an airport network, how can i set up time capsule to find the network? I tried plugging the aircard into the USB of the time capsule, but I'm not sure if that works, or where to go in the airport utility once i do that. Will backing up my computer use up the bandwidth?

2. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I haven't seen the terms of your agreement with your new ISP, but typically the bandwidth they limit is between your modem and the outside world. You can typically transfer all you want on the "house" side of the modem.

BTW, a 5 Gb limit doesn't sound like much, hope you don't run into problems going over!

3. bigmack209 thread starter macrumors newbie

bigmack209

i know, my dad set it up. but the internet before worked like once a month. terrible.
    so anything on the time capsule setup?

4. bigmack209 thread starter macrumors newbie

bigmack209

nevermind, i called apple and they told me the network cards wont work with time capsule. i think we're gonna get comcast.