Time Capsule Setup Question

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Wingnut330, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Wingnut330 macrumors 6502a

Hey All,

When I go to setup my TC, do I plug it in etc while my old AEBS is still connected and powered on, or do I unplug the AEBS from power and then power up the TC.

I seem to remember reading that the TC will take the AEBS settings, so does it get them from the AEBS being on or from the Airport Utility on my machine?

Thanks in advance!

2. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

I'd think you'd have to export your AEBS's settings and then import them into the TC. I can't imagine any other way?

3. Wingnut330 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well, it appears to work easily either way. Actually there doesn't seem to be much difference. I installed my TC both ways and the steps didn't change and the results were the same.

I powered down my AEBS, powered up the TC, ran through the Airport software and withing minutes had a green light. I didn't have internet connectivity so I called Apple to see if setting it up with the AEBS on would help. So, we started over...

I reset the TC, powered up the AEBS did all of the exact same steps I had done before with one little twist at the end...I powered down the TC and my cable modem. Once I powered them both back up, vioala! I was on the web.

Very easy process.