Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rcorai

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2011
Argentina
Hi,
I just purchased Time Capsule 2TB (didn't receive it yet) and I read there are some conflicts using it for automatic backups and manual backups. Do you know if it's true?
I watched some videos where looks like automatic backups are stored on a specific directory called data (if I remember well) and you can create other directory to save some personal files.
I know it's possible but in a review a guy told that it could cause conflicts between files and their version. If it's true I will have to buy an external USB HD. :rolleyes:

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Hi,
I just purchased Time Capsule 2TB (didn't receive it yet) and I read there are some conflicts using it for automatic backups and manual backups. Do you know if it's true?
I watched some videos where looks like automatic backups are stored on a specific directory called data (if I remember well) and you can create other directory to save some personal files.
I know it's possible but in a review a guy told that it could cause conflicts between files and their version. If it's true I will have to buy an external USB HD. :rolleyes:
I don't know where you read that, but you can use Time Capsule for backups, both automatic and manual, with no problems.

Apple - Time Capsule - Automatic backup for your Mac
Backing up with Time Capsule for the first time

MaxBurn

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2010
Time machine and time capsule are made to work together. Backups go into "name MacBook Pro.sparsebundle" looks like. You can put whatever else you want on the disk too in other folders for manual backups, I do. No problems at all.

rcorai

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2011
Argentina
Good to hear that.
I asked this because I watched a video review on youtube made by detroitborg.
But if it works for manual backups too I'm happy. :cool:

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Good to hear that.
I asked this because I watched a video review on youtube made by detroitborg.
But if it works for manual backups too I'm happy. :cool:
You can't believe everything you see on YouTube. It's not exactly an authoritative source for information on Macs. The Apple site or this forum are far more reliable sources of accurate information.

rcorai

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2011
Argentina
Ok, I have set Time Capsule. I can see it has a folder called Data.
I would like to create a folder for manual backups but I don't know how to do it. I tried from the finder but I couldn't.
How can I do it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.