Time Capsule - should I wait?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Kaptajn Haddock, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Kaptajn Haddock macrumors regular

Kaptajn Haddock

Are updates emminent?

I mean, Apple TV 2 has no internal harddrive, it would be cool if Apple released a new Time Capsule that could stream directly to the Apple Tv without having to connect the two with iTunes on a Mac.

2. grawk macrumors 6502

grawk

I'd like to think that if they update the timecapsule to allow it to stream to the apple tv directly, that software would be updated on the existing ones at the same time, but you never know.

3. Kaptajn Haddock thread starter macrumors regular

Kaptajn Haddock

How often has Apple updated Time Capsule? I would hate if I bought one from the current line, which is rather old by now, and have them update TC two months later.

4. grawk macrumors 6502

grawk

It's been 18 months, but I don't think there's a regular upgrade cycle. I wish there was, I just ended up replacing my airport extreme with an asus router.

5. kccricket macrumors newbie

I apologize for the threadcromancy.

I had the same question as the OP. However, I'll go one step further and ask what could Apple add, other than AppleTV storage access? It seems to me that such a thing could be accomplished with a software update, rather than hardware.

It seems to me the only thing that Apple would add is a Thunderbolt port. Any thoughts?

As a side question to grawk, what prompted you to replace your Time Capsule?

6. grawk macrumors 6502

grawk

Incompatibility with my kids' cyberschool. Every time they signed on, the router rebooted.