Time Capsule Shuts Off When Picked Up?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by rkdiddy, Feb 29, 2012.

1. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

Well my 1TB died last week and luckily its' replacement was covered by Apple Care. I took it to the store and they had to order a replacement - I picked up the replacement today. I got everything setup and went to move the TC and it shut off. I confirmed that everything was plugged in. I removed the power cord and it started back up. I again picked it up again and it turned off again. I don't recall this being the case with my old TC, does the TC shut off when you move it or pick it up? I'm scared I might have a bad replacement with a wire loose inside or a faulty power supply.

Please let me know your feedback....thanks!

2. jsf721 macrumors 6502

Sounds like a loose connection somewhere. you mostlikely got a re manufacturered unit and perhaps the assembler did not seat the connector properly. I hope it is and easy fix or they should replace with a "new" unit. I love my time capsule but I am on my 2nd in under 2 years. Seems this is the one Apple product that is not bullet proof. My issue is there is no competition in this segment that I can assemble and administrate. Looks like I am stuck! :)

3. rkdiddy thread starter macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

Thanks for the response. Did this seem very strange - thank you for confirming. I've called and have a replacement on the way. :)