Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scottydawg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
Sacramento, CA
I have had a 2TB Time Capsule since November of 2013, set up in Bridge mode and it has worked great up until the last month or so.
Now even though the WiFi portion continues to work fine it can't be located by the AirPort Utility either on my MacBook nor my phone and won't do TM backups unless I give it a reboot via the power cable. It will then work as expected for somewhere between 1 and 5 days before the same thing occurs again.
My first clue there is a problem is that it stops showing up in Finder.

Any ideas to cure it?

scottydawg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
Sacramento, CA
I do have the latest firmware (Firmware update 7.7.3). I could try a fell reset I suppose and see if that does something Using the reset button on the bottom or doing a reboot by disconnecting the power cord sure hasn't helped.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
I do have the latest firmware (Firmware update 7.7.3). I could try a fell reset I suppose and see if that does something Using the reset button on the bottom or doing a reboot by disconnecting the power cord sure hasn't helped.

I have found similar issues to be resolved by changing the modem into bridge mode and making the AirPort the DHCP & NAT router on the network!

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
I have a 2Wire/pace Model 3800HGV-B

To my knowledge, there is no true bridge mode on those. You would have to either add the AirPort to the DMZ or use IP Passthrough if supported. I helped another member set up their network over TeamViewer with similar hardware and am more than happy to help you if you need it.

scottydawg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
Sacramento, CA
Thanks for the help offer, I will let you know. So far this week the thing is running normal, probably afraid I will beat it with a hammer after I gave it a stern warning peppered with profanity. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.