Time Capsule Speeds Painfully Slow, but only on iOS Devices

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by drummerboy04, Aug 27, 2011.

1. drummerboy04 macrumors newbie

Hey Everyone!

Can't figure this one out for the life of me. I have tested speeds on my MBP and it's blazing fast wirelessly. Now, attempting speedtests on my iPhones and iPad I get like EDGE speeds.

I have made sure no one else is on my network using bandwidth, I have checked my airport using option+clicking on my airport on my mbp and I'm on the 5ghz band with a transmit rate of at least 243 but closer to 270.

I haven't restored any iOS devices since it's happening on all 3 of them.

Everything is updated too (mbp, iOS devices).

Any thoughts? Thanks!

2. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Try the iOS devices with the TC set to 2.4GHz and see if you get the same result.

3. waw74 macrumors 68030

which iOS devices are you using?
    the current iPhones and iPods only have 2.4 radios, iPads and appleTVs have both.

4. kissmyblarney macrumors newbie

Took the words right out of my head

Hi drummerboy04,

I'm having exactly this problem. I can set up a new wireless network, connect my laptop (Macbook Pro), backup my files (Via TCapsule) and browse the net on the 5GHz channel at blazing speeds.

Now as soon as I want to use my iPad2 or iPhone4 (Both with OS5), the network is visible (and connectable) but the internet pages will simple not load. My speeds are worse than EDGE.

Please tell me you have a solution for this, I'm pulling my hair out and seriously regretting shelling out money for a pretty hard drive with a nice green LED.

Where's the logic, what am I missing?