Time Capsule -- Stardom Safe Capsule Set-up

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by taketime, Dec 19, 2009.

1. taketime macrumors newbie

Ok guys---I need your help with this one. I just purchased a Stardom Safe Capsule with 2 1TB WD drives installed. My intention is to have the Safe Capsule set up to provide an additional 2TB of back-up to the Time Capsule. The drives are formatted and the Safe Capsule is plugged into the USB port of the Time Capsule. From the Time Machine menu I can click on "select disk" and I see my Time Capsule Disk, as well as the two hard drives in the Safe Capsule.

When I attempt to select any of the new drives to establish / link them to the TC to use as a back-up --- I get the following error message: Time Machine can’t access the backup disk “Stardom Disk #1”...The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error 2.).

Questions:

Has anyone else with the Safe Capsule encountered similar problems when setting it up ?

While the Safe Capsule is physically connected to the TC, how do I "link" it so that the TC can use it as supplemental storage When needed?

Nowhere in the Safe Capsule literature does if mention how to hook this up or troubleshoot it....Hence - I NEED YOUR HELP!

Appreciate any and all insight you can provide.

2. joaoferro37 macrumors 6502

joaoferro37

I first connected my 4TB safe capsule that I bought from Timelinedigitalinc.com
    to my Airport extreme base station and it did not show up.

Then I read thru the manual carefully, realized that I have to initialize it using disk utility first and then connect it to my airport extreme base station.

I am using it as a time capsule and back up all my itunes, photos and downloads using safe capsule.