Time Capsule through Airport Security (Carry-on)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jpl6, Aug 28, 2011.

1. jpl6 macrumors member

Hi, so I'll be taking a domestic flight and will be bringing my Time Capsule in a carry-on. I was wondering if I'd need to take it out for the airport security scanner check.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

It's not a computer, so you don't need to take it out unless they ask you to.

3. Nameci macrumors 68000

Nameci

You don't need to, if they suspect something TSA will then ask you if they can open your bags and take a look at it. Nothing serious except for the hassle.

4. jpl6 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the responses! I was just looking for a way to reduce any potential hassle. One time going through airport security TSA had me take my iPad + laptop slice battery out in two separate instructions, so my bag ended up getting scanned three times.

Nothing serious, but yeah, not fun either, heh - the not fun part mainly being the attitude the agents had the second time they told me to take something out.

5. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

I recently took my Time Capsule and six 3.5" hard drives through hand luggage security.

After the first scan, they asked me to take the gear out of my bag, onto a tray and passed it through the scanner again.

That was it. Easy peasy.

You could save time by getting your Time Capsule out before the initial scan. Makes things a lot clearer for the staff and saves too much human contact. :)