Time Capsule troubles.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Mabyboi, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Mabyboi macrumors 6502

Mabyboi

So i purchased a 1tb time capsule, opened it up, connected it externally, partitioned 2x 500gb drives.. made one my backup and the other my data storage drive..

I then transfered 310.64gb of data over to the data partition.

When the drive is connected by USB, all 310gb's of data are available.

When i put the drive back in to the time capsule and connect to it wirelessly it shows all 310gb used when i click "get info" on the drive, but when i go to look for my stuff, i can only find about 40gb's worth... why would this be?

Why would 310gb's of stuff show up when connected by usb, but not wirelessly?

2. skorpien macrumors 68020

3. Mabyboi thread starter macrumors 6502

Mabyboi

The external drive where i copied it from is Fat32, the Time capsule drive is:

For Time Machine: Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

For Data: Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

should these be different?

thanks!:apple:

4. skorpien macrumors 68020

You have the formatting correct. The drive inside the Time Capsule needs to be HFS+ (Mac OS Extended (Journaled)). The only thing I could think of is possible permission errors? Do you have accounts set up on your Time Capsule?

A simple solution might be to erase the data partition and copy it back over the network. You'll have to hardwire the Time Capsule to your computer to improve speeds, and it will take significantly longer than USB (especially for the amount of data being transferred), but if there are any permission issues they should disappear.

5. Mabyboi thread starter macrumors 6502

Mabyboi

Ill give this a try, ill post back with results.

6. Mabyboi thread starter macrumors 6502

Mabyboi

Ive tried moving it over wirelessly, wired, and with an external enclosure... still nothing. Both in Fat32 and HSF+... any help?

7. Mabyboi thread starter macrumors 6502

Mabyboi

Finally got this to work, i had to shut off the wireless on the TC or else its the only way it would transfer. Formatted to HSF+, transferred via ethernet. Everything is good to go. thanks for the help!