Time Capsule Troubleshooting (airport extreme)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dboutet, Mar 5, 2008.

1. dboutet macrumors newbie

I recently just bought a new time capsule and i'm ecstatic about getting it up and working, however that's exactly the problem. I cant quite get it to work. i know it's one small thing that I'm doing wrong, but i can't quite figure out what it is. My macbook (intel dou core - 10.5.2 leopard) detects the time capsule but it wont let me connect to the internet with it. I checked my internet connection, the time capsule found my IP address, but it says there's an error with my internet connection. Anyone who knows anything about airport extremes should be able to help me because I'm quite the n00b in the department of routers haha. I tried calling aple but got fed up after sitting on hold for 35 minutes!!! So i thought i turned to you guys :)

Any help is greatly appriciated!

2. Donelop macrumors newbie

Donelop

you turned to macRumors? not a good idea. i ask a question 20 hours ago and still nobody has answered it. good luck finding somebody.

3. macaroo macrumors newbie

Time Capsule is not connecting to internet

3/6/08 - My problem in Airport Utility says to contact my ISP b/c my "Apple wireless device does not have a valid IP address". Hmm...I actually did that and they told me to contact the manufacturer....Ha... Any clues?? Hoping to find a solution soon.

3/7/08 - New problem with my Time Capsule: My Airport is "scanning for wireless device" -- but doesn't acknowledge my TC. Any, any tips out there??

FYI: i connect to the internet via cable modem, macbook pro, v10.5.2

4. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Did you reboot the modem, then reboot the TC?

What!!!! this is only your second post and your turning your back on MR. GEEZ give it time, somebody might help you

5. Donelop macrumors newbie

Donelop

Well its 2 days now. but it's alright, i posted my question on several other forms and i never did get a responds

6. surf2snow1 macrumors regular

I had the same problem last night....I was able to get it fixed:

1) install the new verison of airport utility on the cd included with the time capsule.
    2) restart your computer
    3) reset the time capsule (hold the reset button on the back until the amber light on front flashes fast).
    4) Open airport utility. Should now show as Time Capsule XXXXXX.

You might need to also delete the stored passwords and codes from your keychain and delete the old wireless network from your wireless configuration.

FYI...I was also setting up a new wireless connection with the time capsule, not adding the time capsule to an existing wireless connection.