Time Capsule Update/Itunes?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by superman4388, Nov 21, 2008.

1. superman4388 macrumors member

I'm looking at potentially getting the 1TB Time Capsule..

I, like most people, think that is overpriced.. although it can be found on ebay for $400...

Its been out for almost a year.. has there been any rumors of Time Capsule getting an update?

I dont need it now.. and i can wait 3 months or so.. is it worth waiting?

thanks for any insights

2. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

What's to update? The drive size and/or the price is about all. Seems unlikely to garner a big announcement.

3. superman4388 thread starter macrumors member

yeah i guess thats what i was asking..

is there going to be a price drop in the forseeable future?

4. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

Apple peripherals generally dont go down in price ever so i wouldnt wait if i were you. If you want to save some money buy the 500gb version then buy a cheap 1TB drive on newegg or tigerdirect and upgrade it yourself. just do a search for instructions on google, its fairly easy.

5. superman4388 thread starter macrumors member

Good point.. i'll probably wait till Jan. 6th and see if it drops after the keynote

6. superman4388 thread starter macrumors member

Also is it possible to have multiple computers on the wireless network, and have them all play the same itunes files?

also if there are movies on the hard drive that i back up.. my girlfriend can also still access these files on her laptop if she has the password, correct?

thanks

7. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I got a regular airport wireless and I found 1 TB for 100-150.00. I haven't gotten it yet, but I will soon. I was going to get a Time Capsule, but I think it's cheaper to go this route.