Time Capsule Update Time!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by aaroncelli, Nov 19, 2014.

1. aaroncelli macrumors newbie

Ok so heres the low down:
    I currently have a time capsule (MC343LL/A) model that came with a 1TB drive
    Filled it, swapped it out for a 3TB (Thanks to MacRumors users like you)
    Now I'm at a cross roads because I'm wondering how big a hard drive I can put in this thing, or if I should buy the new model and slide a 5 or 6TB drive in one of those.
    Yeah, digital storage life is rough. Thanks in advance!

2. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

While that Time Capsule is a capable piece of equipment, the new tower style Time Capsule and AirPort Extreme offer much stronger wireless coverage.

3. aaroncelli thread starter macrumors newbie

Stronger wireless coverage is one reason I've considered it. I've recently noticed my wireless struggling. But with that, comes the inherent cost of a new TC as well as a 5/6TB drive. I was thinking if I could get a 5/6 into my current TC then upgrade a month or two down the road and kind of limit the hit to my wallet

4. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Or you could go for an AirPort Extreme and a large external USB hard drive. The AirPort Extreme officially supports Time Machine on the new models if that is a concern.

5. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

Running out of backup space is why I replaced our 3TB capsule with an Extreme. I connected a 6TB d2 drive to each of our rMBP units for TM backups. The capsule goes to my brother.