Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DUNDER

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2010
Stockholm, Sweden
Hello folks,
I'm new here on MacRumors as a user after using it for a long time reading up on stuff. So I just want to introduce myself. I'm Daniel and English isnt my native language, so please dont bully me for bad spelling and gramar.

I'm thinking about buying a Time Capsule 1TB.
My main question is, since I will be using the drive mainly as storage for my movies and series so that we can connect to the TV via DLNA from any of our computers.

From what I understand from reading posts here and on other forums DLNA doesnt work alone with TC.

So my main question is. Can I connect my TC to the TV with USB and use the built-in Media Player on my Samsung like I do with a memory stick or external HDD to watch my movies/series?

Any answers or advice for me?

Thanks,
Daniel

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
So my main question is. Can I connect my TC to the TV with USB and use the built-in Media Player on my Samsung like I do with a memory stick or external HDD to watch my movies/series?

Any answers or advice for me?

Thanks,
Daniel

As long as the partition on the Time Capsule's HDD where you're saving the movies is formatted to whatever your TV can read (I'm guessing FAT32?), then there shouldn't be any issues. I do the same thing by connecting my PS3 to my backup disk - I have my Time Machine backup on one Mac-formatted partition, then the rest of the disk is formatted to FAT32 with all my movies and TV shows on it. Works flawlessly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.