Time Capsule Warranty Repair

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by steetiehj, Sep 12, 2013.

1. steetiehj macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a TC 2TB that's become dead, it was still under warranty and so I phoned Apple who advised me to take the unit to iStore who is a Authorised Premium Apple Seller here in the UK.

Now I dropped the unit off on the 17th August, with its box and purchase receipt. It's now the 12th September and I'm yet to get the unit back and upon tracking the order it's still awaiting part. I've complained to Apple in regards to this and saying how unhappy I am with the service. They've agreed it's not good enough but nothing can be done until I have the TC back. Apple have said that they'll compensate me once I have the unit back.

I've looked online at what Apple's Repair Service should take in terms of returning your product but I see no set time for your hardware to be returned. I just feel let down here and wonder what my rights are?

thanks

2. opinio macrumors 65816

It's a Time Capsule so it has already been repaired... but in the future at some time. Possibly early October. So it is actually sitting there repaired. You can either travel forward in time to that point or wait. Just click on the Time Machine icon in the Menu Bar and click 'Enter Time Machine' and then click 'Travel forward to repair date'.

:rolleyes: