Time Capsule wifi now super slow

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by HaroldC, Sep 18, 2009.

1. HaroldC macrumors regular

I've noticed that in the past few months, Time Capsule has really slowed my wireless connection down a lot. And I mean a lot. Like down to 1.0 Mbs sometimes, slow enough that I can't even watch videos via Hulu because they can't stream fast enough.

Just for background, I'm running FIOS with the Actiontech wireless modem/router hooked to my TC via bridge mode. I have the wireless on the Actiontech off so as not to interfere with the TC, so there's no possible wifi interference. It was great when I first had this setup (20 Mbs up and down), back in Jan. It has been super up until a couple of months ago. At that time I did update to the latest firmware on the TC. But once I noticed the slow down, I reverted back and it's still slow.

When I hook the computer directly to the modem, I get the 20 up/down as before. So clearly there is something wrong with the TC. I've already changed channels, but don't know where to go from here.

Help. TIA!!

2. skorpien macrumors 68020

What about if you hook it up to the TC's LAN port? If it's still slow, then it's the TC. If it's not, then it's the TC's wireless. I'd try a reset of the TC first, and if that doesn't work try changing the channel of the TC's radio.

3. HaroldC thread starter macrumors regular

I just hooked up the my uMBP to the TC LAN and its was super fast again. Looks like it is the TC wireless. I've already changed to a few different radio channels. But I'll try a couple more.

I also had an older MBP that I ran wireless and it was also slow, so it's not the laptop wireless.

4. HaroldC thread starter macrumors regular

At my brother's place now and I'm getting decent speeds on his older base station, ~13 Mbs.

I'm thinking about reverting back to an older firmware again......

5. HaroldC thread starter macrumors regular

Update: I just reverted back to 7.4.1 and now it's back up to blazing speed again!